Sunday, June 15, 2014

Received Monday, May 27, 2014

First note: glad you were clear in letting Quinn know you'll keep him up to date on that house their building around the block; that's probably why he's not feeling anxiety like everybody else. Also someone better tell him not to get to chummy with his woman friend in his district, President says about 90% of elder-sister problems happen with a DL and a sister in his district! (just kidding about quinn, but President really has said that)

I can't remember when you were told about needing an ecclesiastical endorsement to register for BYU, but have you talked to your mission pres about that? Get to it ASAP so Chase can register for a few classes for you!
 
If you didn't get a package (as in a box, not just an envelope) from me this week, one is coming in a day or so....look out for it...
I did! the oatmeal box had me confused for a second, then I remembered what family I belong too. Good card! we sang that song last sunday!
 
how was the homecoming of Brent Packard?
It was fun. I think Brent kind of enjoys getting to be the mission super-star, making things easier. 

How was the Elder Holland conference? I can't remember if the whole mission got to get together for that, and really, can you all fit in one place?
Whole mission. full chapel, with some doors in the culutaral hall (behind an accordian door). It was very good. He talked about PMG (how it was born, etc). He talked about how crushing it is for him to hear about RM's going innactive "we need you for life!". There was not a Q&A. I don't have much time to write about it, but it was very really great.
 
how many times have you shined your shoes on your mission?
2-3, including last week before Elder Holland
 
By weather.com, it was warm there in Salem on Sunday! You liking the change in weather?
warm is always good, also it can be a conversation starter with people on the bus and things; people here love to talk about the weather 

What are you doing for Pday today?
yesterday we went to the temple! then we met at Revere chapel and played Volleyball 

How are your investigators doing?
very good. Baptisim still planned for this Saturday for Linda Bain. More miracles happening everyday. We meet just the right people when appointments cancel and things have been really good. Been reading the BoM everyday, sometimes at night if I can't in the morning. Been loving ready about different times a "servant" saves the day. I think the un-named servant is my new BoM hero.
 
any particular plans for memorial day today?
nope.
Today we just finished watching our webex today from President Packard. He spoke more about the Elder Holland conference we had. He had Brent say a few things too.
We're on exchanges now so I'm mailing at the Revere library with Elder Bradford from SLC.
That is all for now. Thanks for forwarding Quinn's emails. I sent him a quick one today, mostly because I could, I'll copypaste it on the bottom here in case you want to see it. I can't believe how short his MTC stay is! The Toronta native in the zone was telling me about this common food in candada that's something like fries and bacon all covered in gravy. You can even order it at mcdonalds.
That's all, Love, me

No comments: