Sunday, June 15, 2014

Received, Monday, March 3, 2014

***FROM MOM to BLOGGERS: this week, I happened to write late to Zak. He got to the computer and started writing before I got my letter to him. So, he started writing first, then he saw my letter and answered my questions. Hope that clears up any confusion! Enjoy!!


I'm not sure I have too much to say, I'll start typing and see what happens
I remember last week you wrote about Kylie and track. Hopefully she'll learn to enjoy feeling a little miserable and totally exhausted by the end. That's just your bodies way of giving yo a high five for doing a great job. Saturday practices and things can be a little bogus too, but also fun, especially if there was nothing else planned or going on. Try all the different races and events and see what your strengths are, I liked the 400, but was not great at the shorter races (100, 200) or the longer ones (800, mile). You get better as you do them more. One thing that helped me was I ran a bit during the summer, and I was in the year round track system, so early in the year when everyone else was farther out of shape and kind of lazy, I ran hard and got to a bit of a star for a while. It's a little different just being thrown into it after soccer. Also in my 400 running, I was always on the B-team, 4 by 400 relay, and I really liked it, even though I kind of new I wasn't going to beat the A-team runner. My favorite was to be the very 1st runner on our team and beat all the runners from the other teams, so I know I was faster than the A-team of the other schools.
This week was good like usual.
We got rides for everyone for Zone Conference, and it was a good meeting. It's really interesting to think about the new missionaries, so this is there first one. The whole mission is very different from right when Pres Packard first got here and began training what our priorities were and everything. Often it's a lot more detail oriented now, but then every once and a while he'll have to zoom out and re-explain the big picture so people understand why they're doing things. He'll need to re-visit old topics that have gotten forgotten. President Haight was there too. During his training he spoke about driving home from the zone conference of the day before (for the other zones) and when he stopped for gas he ended up talking to someone who wants to learn from the missionaries. With us he pulled his gas receipt out of his pocket where he wrote down the guys information and gave it to the elders who live in the area with the guy. He seems to have stories like that all the time, he had 4 different people talking the lessons in his home sometime last month.
----I am now taking a break from writing to read your email ----
Good letter! Pole vaulting was the only thing I was technically A team for, so she's doing good, and will get better.
Sounds like things were really good for the Juarez clan! sounds like a great ward.
I have long hair (for a missionary) now too, Elder Jones is going to cut it today.
Zone conference had a ton if ideas of things to do to be productive, most especially 11 ways to "work with members". In order to really help everyone in the zone really know how to do those things (especially the new guys) we've (us 2) been making a packet with questions that really breaks it down. We plan on probably giving everyone one packet this Friday and if we really make it good, ask them to fill it out in the next 2 weeks or so. We're going to do it ourselves first to make sure it's worth it. one of the things to do is: work with members who are inviting their friends to actives (which is what our mission calls the "Low Lying Fruit"). Our packet has questions like What activities happen in your ward? how will you know what non-members are at them? who are the members inviting their friends? then it makes it really easy to know what members you want to meet with etc.
We did have good lessons with our investigators as well. No exciting story, but they were good.
I had a good time on another exchange in a spanish area again. I got to talk to a few people on the bus, which we never get to do in our area. In that area there is a set of Elders and Sisters who share a car/bus pass.
Yesterday we got to our dinner appointment early, so we decided to know on some doors int eh neighborhood. We ended up getting to the appointment late (which we felt bad for on fast sunday) because we got into a 30 min conversation with a lady at one of the houses. She was a strong catholic, and told us about many of the miracles that have happened in the catholic faith. She said she read the book of mormon when she was younger. We shared about the restoration. She didn't really didn't change, but it was a fun good conversation. She said we could come back but she would "preach us the roman catholic church". We might go back this week just to invite her to the Lasagna bake off our ward is doing this weekend, which maybe she'd come to and like even if she believes doctrine different than ours.
I'll go to answering questions now

any interesting stories about your driving?
not really. we're still switching off every day.

how has your weather been?
cold.

were you ever red dotted this week?
(Quinn said a few days ago that all the snow is gone in Rexburg!!) It is cold, but no snow. I am sure more will come.
I don't think it really snowed this week, despite reports saying that it would. I think it was last week we had like 3 warm days, with rain that melted a lot of snow, but there is still a lot laying around too.

Any activity planned today?
going to the revere chapel (which you can read about in the Power of Everyday Missionaries. It's one of the big miracles in there, it started with a small group, but they kept setting up more seats then they needed and asking "who's not here?" until they got a full sized chapel) to play soccer probably. That's the place we usually go for P-day because it's most central for the zone. Also we sometimes go to the Cambridge Stake center because it's bigger and has volleyball, the cool thing about that place is that I've heard it's the most expensive chapel the church owns. It is two stories and has underground parking.

How often do you actually vacuum out your car?
We just vacuumed last week! A more complete/honest answer though would be to admit we just do it every 3 months before zone conference.

How often do you wash your car in the winter?? How do you wash your car, or maybe where??
If it's just up to me, the same answer as above. I've had companions that like to do it more often though, which is probably good.
I have a couple questions
How does Steven like having best calling in a ward, Executive Secretary? 
What is Christopher's Calling?
What about Chase?
And Heather too?
Does Dad do as good in his classes as Kylie?

That's all
Love you

No comments: