Sunday, September 1, 2013

Received Monday July 22, 2013

I am now in Greenfield. My address:
366 mantague city rd apt D
turners falls, MA
01376
I don't have a ton of time, right now, but things are good here!

QUESTIONS FROM THIS WEEK:
Tell about new area, companion, ward, OH and district duties, is your companion a district leader too, or just you?
Just me. I'm with Elder Gallagher, he is good. he has 3 transfers left, including this one. This is only his 2nd transfer in this area. From Utah. Not on a diet (unusual for my companions). fun guy.
the new area seems good, but not as much going on as Canton. It is a small branch here. About 50 people at church on sundays and about 250 innactives. we do have a baptism lined up for this sunday though! last week I spoke (found out on like tuesday while I was in Canton, they called and told me. I like how it turned out. About learning and understanding the mysteries of god,aa nd of-course I discussed how to best share them too). Also we taught the youth (3, all YW) during sunday school and taught Elders quorum. Then there was a linger longer afterwards.
Our sunday school lesson I think was really good. We just talked with each of them about what they can do specifically to share the gospel. 1 has a friend who went to an efy'like activity and took a BoM who she will read with. Another has a friend/family who she's invited to  few things and she will make sure to invite them to an upcoming dance. That is one of my very favorite things; setting real goals/plans with people about what they will do to share the gospel. It's real, brings the spirit, not just fluff or something that you hear 99 times every week.

How was packing all your stuff up?
stank. I always dislike it. always forget 1 or 2 small things. (this time a little notebook I keep by my bed. Also I think my flashlight).

How did you get over to your new area?
what happens is everyone who is getting transferred/companions goes to Belmont. Good meeting with everyone and Pres Packard. Departing missionaries bear testimony (Elder Beck, my 2nd companion was 1). switch cars and go to new area.

What is your new address?
written above

How many people in your district?
 4. just our area and 1 other. Both have things going kind of slow right now. I'm in charge of District meeting. Doing exchanges. Getting monthly goals and reporting. Getting weekly #'s and reporting. Being good example/help everyone be and feel effective in their areas and so forth. There was a meeting after Transfer meeting with all the new District leaders.

QUESTIONS FROM LAST WEDNESDAY’S LETTER:
Have you come across raw onions in food on your mission? How was it for you? OH! I just remembered a hideous time when I picked you up from school at el pollo loco and you had just gotten a certain taco where it was loaded with those onions!! You just ate the whole thing like it was nothing....gross....but nice for you. Do you remember that??
last time I was at subwar I got a turkey sandwhich on wheat bread with lettecue, spinach and onions!
i've run into them many times. Normally don't put them on raw like that, but that time I did.


I was going to guess that you were not being transferred, but now I realize that IF you are transferring you would do that tomorrow. So, what’s your news??
It happened!

On the news I hear that there is a hot and humid heat wave out there? Talk about your weather!! Talk about your choice of clothes; are you sweating much?
short sleeve shirt. Not much else I can choose. Hot but not terrible.

If you transfer, will you still have a car?
yup, and still driving

Have you noticed an increase in Sister missionaries lately?
there've been a bunch coming in every transfer for a while now.


How often do you have a zone conference or a district conference where you would even see a nice amount of other missionaries?
DM every week (4 missionaries total) Zone Meeting every month (about 12 ppl) and Zone Conference (where multiple zones get together) every 3 months or so.

Last week you talked about Gladys Knight’s back singer that is in your mission. Is she black? Just wondering...have you heard her sing, or just heard that she is good?
yes. yes, she is very good. she's sung at a few meetings I was at.

Get all your laundry done?
No, I usually just wear a;; my cloths dirty for a month or so before washing them again.
just kidding. I got everything done.

ummmm not sure what else to say.
I've been wanting to serve in a branch some time. See what it's like, be in a place where people will be excited for new members/reactivations and really need them (except that almost no one new the name of the guy being baptized next week). I'm excited to help the pace pick up, the gospel is all about change. We set up a meeting with the branch president this week. Elder Gallagher has a pretty good hold of things here too. I'm a little bummed about the lack of youth though. There is only 1 YM, a deacon who comes sometimes. I was able to print out your letter last week at our dinner appointment, it was good. 

that's everything for now!
I love you

No comments: