Sunday, September 1, 2013

Received Wednesday, August 28, 2013

in case you couldn't tell, I have less time in this library, so I'll try to be write quick, but still my responses will be shorter. This was a very fun email week though.

QUESTIONS:
Are you happy with Bank of America? Your ability to get money/atm? Would you recommend that bank to Quinn?
sure. I never really need to pull out cash, so it's not a big deal. There are some Bank of America places here so that wouldn't be a big deal either. Sorry I don't have a stronger opinion
 
How was your talk today? Did you companion speak too?
I felt like it was only ok. I really liked the first one I did here, but this time I started preparing too late, and I had already said the big ideas missionary related I wanted to share. We had an investigator family planning on coming, so I mostly wrote my talk for them, what I thought they needed, but they didn't show up, so that wasn't perfect either. I did use fantasy football in my talk as an analogy though.
 
Did you play Risk last week for your p-day?
no, we didn't, it was still fun though. 1 person from the district is getting transferred now.
 
Weather still warm? (It sure is here!!)
yes, warm, but it wasn't earlier. for the past month we've basically had very comfortable weather. today is a little warm, but hardly a deal. Some leaves are already changing colors
 
Have you started using your adventure pack? How do you like it? Do you just sling it in the backseat while driving in the car? Do you pack snacks in it?
yes I have it, and it's fine. Better than I expected, but I would rather have a backpack. I put it on the back seat, just like I did with my backpack. I do not put snacks in it. I took a picture of it, it was funny because it looked like such a missionary bag (packed with my scriptures, a couple extra BoM's to give away, a few pamphlets and cards, etc). 

I am shocked about the change in dress code….Khaki pants!! Closed toed sandals?? Light suits??? Shocking I say! Please report when/if you see missionaries dressed with these new standards.
Closed toed sandals are not allowed here, I think that's mostly for more tropical areas, which New England is not. Light suits I've seen since the MTC, but now they're allowed.
So neither I nor my companion are leaving. He has only 2 transfers left (including this one) so he might "die" here.
We had our first branch counselor with the new president, which was good. He talked about how he wants to progress to becoming a ward. We also got a new Branch Mission leader who's been home from his mission about 18 months (just got married) and he is excited about it too. The investigator family who didn't come to church we taught probably 5 times in the last 2 weeks. They just quit smoking. We helped them through this 7 day program and they were astounded that it was not near as hard as they thought. They are great. the "family" Ryan who's in his late 20's, he was baptized when he was 18 and he's living with his non-wife Amber and brother Chris. All 3 were smoking and now are not. The goal is for Ryan to get the priesthood and then he can baptize Amber and Chris. There's a few things that need to happen first (including a marriage), but they are excited and like the reading assignment we leave them and are doing good. Amber didn't grow up with any religion, and you can tell she loves feeling the spirit. She wishes she could have grown up with the church.


got to dash. Thanks for everything!


No comments: