Sunday, September 1, 2013

Received Monday, July 29, 2013

QUESTIONS:
How are things going in your area?
Pretty good. the 1 person here who had a baptismal date has kind of disappeared though. Phone isn't working and is never home. we're worried he relapsed with smoking and is embarrassed or something. I've never met him. We have a realistic goal to have 2 people with baptismal dates by the end of the month though. We've taught some good lessons. We've had a few good discussions with active members too, making plans to invite their friends. We taught the youth sunday school again (this time there were 2 girls and 1 guy) and we had already met with the guy and knew about a friend he works with who said he would come to church. Since next week is fast sunday we planned a group of people in the branch we could ask (we as in the class. they did great) to bear their testimony to make it a good meeting.  I have high hopes. I think it can be great for the friend coming and even besides that I think the branch will notice it is a great meeting with more people going up and trying to make it the best experience possible

Have you  done anything fun with your new companion?
all day every day. He's a funny guy. Also, this whole district is into (infected by?) pokemon cards, so I brought mine out again and we've done that a few times. I'm still happy I could make a 12.50 investment that's worked out, there is 1 elder here who has put in that much money if you move the decimal 1 spot over to the right, and double it. ($250).

How do you like driving?
same as always. it's just driving.

Does your new area look different than your last area…you know, driving around, like that?
over all it's more rural. my last area had some of everything, here has less densely populated places. It's also a bigger area here.

What are your plans for p-day?
not much for today. I've heard about a few interesting things here though. I guess there's some place where it's like a big room with flowers and tons and tons of butterflies. It might be worth walking through once if it's cheap. I'm going to talk to the ZL's about organizing some sports activity too.

Are you emailing at the library? What is the name on “your” library card?
yup. "Zachery Cole" to match my drivers license. I bet Brett Favre's kids all have the same problem with their names being spelled different than how they want it too; he would waffle about it and then change his mind about how to spell it after he had already signed the paper work. "Elder" is always tempting as well. One time we did service in my first area and they made us print off these sticker name tags and I wrote Elder on mine, so I had one silly sticker on my shirt saying Elder as well as my regular name tag too.

Last week when you met up in Belmont and switched cars to drive to your new area, did YOU do the driving then? If yes, did your companion tell you where to go?
yes. I used my gps, it gets used for everything. my companion now didn't mail in all the paperwork needed to drive or something like that, so he hasn't done any driving in the mission

I sent you are card this week....get it....smooth and creamy....
I got it. very funny. did you make it up? do you write down all the jokes you send so you can recycle for each missionary? by the time Griffin went out there would be enough jokes/puns stored up to send him 2 or 3 every day.
remember the musical fireside thing I've mentioned before? we just had it for our stake on saturday, and it was really good. no one from our branch, members or not, came, which was disappointing, but if I try to think realistically, it would be hard for someone to decide to drive an hour away Saturday night (we're in the outskirts of the stake) to listen to a bunch of missionaries sing. They would have found it worth it if they came though. I was asked to day before to have a small speaking part though. there were 3 main topics it was about and I gave a 2 minute introduction for the Atonement section and the Revelation section. Brief talk about what it is. It was neat to be a part of a bigg'ish event that went really well. Despite the poor showing from our branch there were a fair amount of people there including about 40-50 non members. My old mtc companion Elder Orgill was there and he had 2 investigators so I bet he really appreciated having the whole event. All the missionaries in the stake came, which is always fun.
 The other elders in our district car pooled with us which was fun too. It's a good/fun bunch

last silly story. have you heard of scentsy? (not sure if they do it out west) but it's flameless scented candles to help your apartment smell good. there is like a small bowl of scented wax, and under it a light bulb which gets warm and melts it and gets the smell out. Someone in myt last area sold them and gave me one when I left (I can send a picture). One day here I was leaning over it and I didn't realize my tie was in the melted wax! by the time I looked down it had soaked up quite a bit. I've tried to get it mostly out. the tip and about 2 inches up are a little  darker than the rest, but it's not super noticeable. It does still smell good though, like the scentsy! that is the tie I am wearing now.
alrighty, now I must be off to enjoy the rest of my (sweet citrusy smelling) day.

I love you!

No comments: