Sunday, September 15, 2013

Received Monday, September 9, 2013

You always have lots of updates to tell! Lots of things always going on in a big family!

QUESTIONS:
Do you get the ensign, how do you get it, it seems you should be reading it…
We usually get it; from our Zone leaders. Usually I'll read/skim parts of it at least. I read a lot of the August (I think. The cover had trees with light shining through. Very sacred grove looking) and I liked it a lot. I did not read an article about grace this week, but I did pray about it.

What did you eat for your Sunday meal?
ummm yesterday I kind of snacked on stuff throughout the day, lets see if I remember. I finished all the granola and things in the package you sent (thank you!) we didn't have a dinner appointment. I ate a tuna sandwhich in pita bread (we got the bread for free at the soup kitchen we do service at). For dinner I ate 2 cans of campbells chicken noodle soup that have been here since before I moved in. I've always seem to end up eating a lot of food, especially canned stuff, that was in an apartment before I got there. It's like getting free food! just make sure it's not too old.

See anymore larva bug moths?
nope! crisis averted
'
How is your weather…getting cooler?
yea, which is much more worrisome to me than relieving. Leaves are changing colors, which is cool, but doesn't captivate me as much as it does others.

What music do you most like to listen to in the car?
Elder Gallagher has lots of talks on cd's we mostly listen too. When listening to music I usually most like the type of stuff you sent to me before (The Work by A Nashville Tribute). Hymns by different artists can be fun too. Even MoTab isn't bad. Back when I was with Elder Beck he had a lot of MoTab Christmas cd's that were fun. I'm pretty easy to please, as long as it's safe with the Biblia Blanca

What kind of clothes detergent are you using?
The cheap kind. Don't remember the brand for sure. It might be purple and might be called "All". Definitely is liquid.

Take a picture of the changing leaves/colors!
there's a ton of trees here, so that won't be too hard

Do you text your mission president?
We can, but don't often have a reason too. He's pretty busy, so you don't ever just send him a what's up or anything. Sister Packard texts us all the birthdays in the mission (seems  like most every day) including his, and told us to text him. We have interviews with him this month, I don't remember exactly when.
Interesting football week, seems like everyone's team won. Weird game for BYU!
I can't remember for sure exactly what dad emailed to me when Andy went to the chiefs but is something just like "But I don't see myself becoming a chiefs fan". Maybe I'll find a chiefs mug to send home, or better, a dinner plate with the face of JamCha printed on it. I'll keep my eyes open.
Quinn doing lots of exciting things last week and this week. Don't stay up late monday or wednesday, or you won't wake up the next day for BoM class, and then you won't get a good grade! careful!
Who is kylie's math teacher? which class is it? I think if she searches the book, usually it explains ok, and there are surely good places online for it too.
Barfing and crying girls are the fruits of a good soccer practice.
This week we did some interesting things. On tuesday someone took us out to all you can eat fried clams. I was somewhat nervous, but didn't hate it. I wouldn't volunteer to do it again either. On tuesday we went to DLC (district leader council) where are the leadership folks of the mission have a meeting. President talked about the role and the district leaders, about how he wants district meetings to run, etc. Also he started by doing a study of Alma chp 5.
We also got a media refferal from the Salt Lake visitors center that was really good (we got a text from SLC saying visit "-------  ---------" at a certain address). We went that day, and talked to Ion's wife. She said that her husband had just called her that day and said that he talked to someone in Salt Lake and gave them the address. She was impressed at how quick we were and said we could come back in a  week or so when Ion was home. He is a truck driver, that's why he's gone. They are Hebrew.
We got to be helpful at PEC with organizing home teacher. About a month ago I was on exchanges in the Pittsfield area, and they showed us something their ward does. They have an onlince google doc, with a spreadsheet with all the ward members names on it, and when they were last visited, by whom, and some notes. I asked for a sample copy of it because I thought it was great. Since then we mentioned it once or twice, but no one here really jumped on it. During PEC someone said they should use some sort of "online spreadsheet" so they can be more organized. We were able to use someone's ipad right at the table to email the sample that we had, which worked perfectly. Hurray for sharing good ideas and for technology.
One other interesting thing about missionary work that stood out to me this week was that you get to hear snippets of so many people's stories. On the street with random people, in members homes, everywhere. This week we did service at a blood drive (we're not allowed to donate). And I was assigned to basically sit at the refreshments table and make sure no one faints (ironic?) I got to talk to lots of good people, no new investigators out of it, but lots of good conversation. 

No comments: