Monday, July 22, 2013

Received Monday, July 15, 2013

NOTE FROM MOM: Ok, I made a mistake....I forgot to write a letter to Zak! My letter day was on a different day; I was just off my game. Christopher called (from Virginia) at 6:00am with a "did you forget to write??" on Wednesday morning.  OH MY!! So, Zak checked his e-mail; saw my indiscretion and he wrote first. Just so you know, I did write to him that morning and he eventually (that night) got my letter. So, here is the letter he wrote to us:

looks like  no email yet, I came back too early. This is where it fit into our schedule. I'll email now and then I can check it/have it printed at our dinner appointment in a few hours so I can still read what you have to say

but I AM getting transferred. I was not expecting it. I'm going to greenfield MA, I've heard it's a branch (with big boundaries). it's in the northern part of the state, I think part of our area might even go into New Hampshire. We got a call from President saturday because I'm going to be DL up there. He remembered that you guys already got a letter about that, so I don't think they'll send another.

I'm not really excited about it, I like it here, but I think that's how it's always going to be when I get transferred. I talked to a few people who served there/around there. It sounds like a fine place. pretty rural. I think someone mentioned they know my companion, and they thought he might be one of the older ones left in the field (old as in been in the field close to 2 years), I'll find out for sure when I meet him.

I feel like we've done a lot since I last emailed, but no 1 thing that was especially eventful. We've been teaching people, inviting people to uplifting things and inviting people to invite other people to things

We found out the "Hartford" temple groundbreaking (that is actually in Farmington, about 10 mins from our apartment in Bristol) is going to be August 17th. you can only watch by broadcast in the chapels though, no room for everyone to be at the actual sight. Not positive if I'll be allowed to watch while up in MA.

Church on sunday was really good. We had 3 investigators at church, 1 who was totally unexpected (Cierra). It was funny because 1 person was getting a ride (Bob), so we went to his house to introduce him to the people who would pick him up, but the ride was late, so we were actually a little late from church and we got a text from the her saying "I'm here at church, where are you guys!" very Ironic.

The sunday school lesson was about the priesthood and line of authority, which is a very interesting topic for Bob because he is not only baptized into another church, but has personally baptized others as well. The teaching is coming along pretty well though. it was pretty neat, we had a lesson last week where when we called to confirm the appointment he said yes, we definitely need to come over to talk because he had "made a decision" about the Book of Mormon and was not comfortable with anything other than the bible. We had a good lesson, read a few verses from the BoM about why we have it along with the bible (luckily Nephi foresaw people would say they already had a bible and had no need for any more bible) and he really felt the spirit and by the end said something like "wow, I need to read this whole book!" he's been reading in it every day since.

I like the stories from Christopher! you should call church HQ and have them take a picture of your ward for a new pass along card: "you can be apart of a BEAUTIFUL people!" maybe that would earn some extra referrals

I am still highly impressed with the bouncy ball. I've mentioned it to a few people with cub scout/activity day related callings saying they should do it too.

my "Call the missionaries" shirt is now 3 for 3 on me wearing it and receiving compliments. On monday we did some service (digging a ditch, yesssss!) and afterwards we saw a member family in Subway and they took a picture, the mom is hoping they'll make some during mutual to send to their missionaries.

The mail this week was very fun. Very clever. Both the facebook thing and the bonus "Kylie Emphasis" edition afterwards. Good to see everyone. Mostly everyone looks a little different, especially Kylie. We went to lunch today at Arby's, (right next to our apartment) I even got a chocolate turnover.
Also I still have in my backpack letters you sent July 3rd which included (a very cold looking beach and) the mormon night at dodger stadium. I did not realize until I saw it on church news this week that Elder Holland threw the first pitch! did you guys see him? I think that is so cool!
Also I will try to forward president Packard's emails more as per mom's request


 I also got a letter with a program from Sister Hagan, which was very nice. I also was impressed by the program front (on fast Sunday, it highlighted the "principles of a true fast")

I think that's mostly everything. today I'm packing and then finishing the last of my "farewell tour" seeing some people here before I go.

No comments: