Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Received Wednesday, July 11, 2012

what has 4 letters and clearly is a fan of the Yankee's?

Mono


I assume mom passed the stuff I said to her on the phone. I meet with the Doctor again on friday so I can tell him how I'm doing. I was a little worried yesterday because for parts of it my headache seemed a little worse, and even my ears started to hurt (probably from pressure because I'm always blowing my nose). But today I woke up and feel much better. Normally I wake up with this awful, indescribablly gross morning mouth but today I didn't at all! I even had a pretty good appetite and even though I can still feel a bit of a headache and sore throat, it's not bad at all. Hopefully I just keep getting better.

1 really important thing about my address. Because I'm in a different district my mtc address is different. the box number is now 196 (not 197). I've been told if you just do that, everything should work out.

I've been moved down to the district in our zone that got here 1 week after us. I'm in a trio now, so I have 2 companions. I moved into there room and everything already (same building, same floor, not a big transition. being in the same zone makes everything easy). Being in class with them and stuff will be interesting, especially because every teachers does things differently.

Yesterday was kind of sad because it was the last day with our whole district. The 4 sisters are also in the MTC another week because they have to learn stuff specific to their missions (temple square/San Diego Mormon Battalion). They aren't in our zone anymore and will spend a lot of time in Salt Lake, but I'll still be able to see them around. They were especially super bummed about everyone leaving. I guess being around the same people 24/7 for 3 weeks does that. They each made us all cards and stuff. They secretly wrote this song, and sang it to us yesterday that is the tune to 2 songs (not hymns) we sing all the time but with lyrics about our inside jokes and stuff, it was very funny. they (and me) woke up early this morning when all the other guys in the district got up to go. The sisters keep telling me that they're sad I have mono, but they're glad that at least I get to be around for another week instead of everyone leaving at once.


My two new companions are Elder Rotterback and Elder Jester. I already knew them and everything, so It'll all go great. The friday before you leave you do this things called In-field orientation. it takes all of the day (you get a 2 hour lunch and 2 hour dinner though). I liked doing mine a lot, they teach you a lot of stuff you haven't talked about yet, especially about finding and key indicators. They stress baptisms a lot. You spend half the time in a big room with everyone who's at the orientation learning and half the time split up into smaller groups. One interesting thing I've learned about missionary work so far, is that there's a lot of things are kind of a paradox, you have to find a good balance. They preach to you the importance of the PMG how, it was an inspired work and so important, but then the next day they drill you about teaching people, not lessons and not being to much of a stickler. Also they teach you not to get hung up on the numbers and to just focus on working your hardest and thats what matters, and then during in field orientation they pound you about needing to get as many baptisms as possible and you shouldn't spend time doing anything unless it directly helps increase your key indicator numbers (lessons taught, baptisms, new investigators, etc).

I feel like I learned a lot from it, but It'll be wierd to do the same thing again with the new district.

Other than somehow getting the "kissing disease" while in the mtc nothing huge has happened. I still really like it here, and know There must be a reason I'm going to be here a while longer (probably a week, possibly longer if I don't get better). It was funny to get all these letters about how exciting it must be to finally be going to Boston though.

times up. I'll try to send a letter today. I don't know If i'll get to email or anything again before I leave

Love Zak


My companions are still going so I thought I'd throw in a few things I forgot while I wait. One of the buttons popped off my blue suit! i can't find it! I don't think I brought a spare :( if somehow you find it send it. what am I supposed to do about that?
also about my Boston companion, what the MTC presidency guy said happed is that the guys who was supposed to be my trainer was put into a trio, so it will be an easy transition for when I do get there for him to shift over to be my companion. Also, something they said at In-Field was that they have this new 12 week program for new missionarys when they get to there area. I'm not sure much about it, but they said that you have the same trainer for 12 weeks, and you have a double length companion study with them every day and you do more role play stuff with them to help get more practice. The real truth is that no one likes doing that role play stuff, but It must be good if there really going to make us practice it more for 3 months. We don't know much about the whole 12 weeks program thing, or whether it's actually a big deal, but I guess I'll know more about it when I get there
Other interesting things I just remembered. Elder Orgill had a small brown dog at home named Coco. true story.
Also in the district that left a week ago was an Elder BeeBee (spelled Beebe though) I could hardly talk to him with a straight face. I told him that's what I called my Sister.

No comments: