Monday, July 16, 2012

Handwritten letter Received July 14, 2012

Written July 11, 2012
Received July 14, 2012

Dear Family,

I didn’t get to mention I got big and great Dear Elder updates from both Heather and Chase. It sounds like things are going really well for the Young Cole Family, especially since Heather has finally converted to the Lakers.   Chase sounded busy, but still having fun. Some of my favorite moments in class/what I think is super useful are when a teacher says something like “and finally 6 months into my mission I learned that...” so any good RM insights/stories are much appreciated.

When I first heard Nash came to the Lakers it made my day. I think that is amazing. Definitely keep sending me big sports updates; one of my teachers was just stressing how having common interest like sports can help a lot with investigators. Also I just talked to a missionary from Boston (going...I don’t remember) and he specifically told us we should try to talk sports with the people there. He also said to never mention that I was a Laker fan.  So Boston sports stuff would be especially good. I heard from someone that Ray Allen went to the Heat. I’m highly disappointed. Jason Terry is now a Celtic now, right? 

I have no amazing Elder Bednar talks to talk about but I found/someone showed me 2 scriptures which are now 2 of my favorite. They are John 4:14 and Romans 8: 38-39. I especially like to share the Romans one with my “investigators” a lot.

I just looked up and the elder across from me is named “Elder Humble”. My two favorite names are still “Elder Funk” and “Elder Beebe” though.

My Mono being a Yankee fan (referring to a joke that Zak made in his last letter) was just because of the Boston Red Sox vs. Yankee rivalry. I hope too many people didn’t think that was too much of a stretch.

No, I am not a district leader anymore. I enjoyed my time being one though, so I do have to get it (my mail) from my DL instead of already checking it myself. That is not a deal at all though.

I have not seen the facebook post about where everyone in the dorm is going. I’ve heard about it though from BYU friends who are newly arrived and would like to see it.

Doing laundry is not a huge hassle. We check our e-mail/write letters while we wait for it.

I will ask about the tailor to see if they can fix my button situation.

Glad to hear Quinn’s project got approved. He’ll be really happy when that is all finally done.

I don’t really know how long I’m going to be in the MTC. I meet with the doctor on Friday so if things are ok then I would guess I might even get to leave Monday. I think later in that week is more likely, with longer delays also possible. I already have a calling card so unless I’m in a huge rush or something, I’ll call when I’m in the airport.

There is no one in my district or zone going to Boston. Everyone is staying in the States though.

I’ll keep working hard and resting hard too. (Is it better to rest soft? Hmm...not sure). I haven’t felt very sick today at all plus I’m allowed to take a nap whenever I want, so I’m doing well and expect a quick recovery.

Love,
Zak

P.S. Don’t jump in elevators. It’s probably karma for back when we did that so I got sick.

No comments: