Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Received Wednesday, July 4, 2012

First I'll answer Dad's email questions. You can keep sending me major sports news. Not necessarily the rumors, but if big names get sent around you can let me know. Let me know about the Dodgers when playoff time comes around. Let me know how the Rams are doing when the seasons starts/if they make any big moves.

In my daily gym time I usually play either basketball or volleyball in the gym. I'll probably do more volleyball because other people in my district like it a lot and it's fun to do stuff with them and it's hard to play basketball and find a happy medium between playing carefully so no one gets hurt and still actually having fun. Normally in sports, people get injured/hurt every once and a while and that's just part of the game, but in the MTC I feel like it's more important to be safe, and most people sort of play that way, but it's hard. I played 4-square once with random people and it was so boring just because they were so bad. it's like no one told them that you're supposed to try and get the other people out. I played for like 10 mins because I got to server and then finally someone got me out. I might play it with my district sometime though. Also I've gone to the field and played soccer a few times, especially while the gym was closed last week.

Yes, I like the MTC food. Every once and a while I'll eat cereal for breakfast because I don't like the breakfast food. The only problem is they never appease my demands of candy for breksfix. If only Lamar were here.

Part of the reason I say I'm glad I get to leave here after 3 weeks is because that's what's going to happen anyway, so I might as well be glad about it. Also it can get kind of tough to have life just 100% ruled by a piece of paper that has every single second scheduled out. That's kind of a pride thing though. Also sometimes a few things seem a little fake, all the role playing can be a bit bothersome, even when they do a good job. I'll be both nervous and excited when I get to Boston (only a week from now!) It'll be kind of sad to not be around my district anymore, our sisters will be super sad (they have to stay in the mtc and extra week to learn stuff specific to the tours they're giving in temple square/mormon battalion place). Have I talked about appreciating the Sisters? Our district/zone wouldn't be the same without them.

Now you have to play a guessing game

I did one of these 3 silly/foolish things this week, guess which one it is

1. stayed up till 2:00 AM talking to my roommates

2. Jumped in the elevator and got it stuck

3. Lost my backpack with all my stuff in it.

.

.

.

.

Our class that we spend so much time in is on the 4th floor and we always take the elevator. Just yesterday on our way down someone suggested we all start jumping and see what happened. Our whole district but 2 sisters were there. when he said that 1 sister pleaded we didn't, but every other person jumped at least once and suddenly the elevator fell quickly for like 2 feet and just stopped. we laughed for a second and then realized it might actually be stuck. then a robot lady voice came over the intercom and said there were technical difficulties and we needed to press the alarm button. dangit. We pressed all the floor buttons and the open door button, but it didn't work so we had to press the alarm button which just called someone who said they'd send an electrician right over. He got us out in like 45 mins. No one was really panicky or anything, it actually wasn't bad at all. The guy who got us out was really nice. At first he thought we'd get fined 50$ but there isn't any warning sign inside the elevator so we didn't. Very lucky. By the end of the day the elevator was working again, we still use it every time.

Moral of the story: don't jump in the elevator

District Leader stuff: I don't know how they choose/when the branch presidency talked about it because they chose me within like 20 mins of meeting us all. I have extra meetings on Sunday, including running the district meeting. (I had to give a 40 min lesson last time.) also I lead us in a discussion after Tuesday devotional. Our whole district gets mail in the same mailbox, and it's my job to get it every day after lunch and dinner and then distribute it. I'm always glad when i get to keep some of it for myself. also I choose someone to pick a hymn/pray before every class. None of it is really hard or anything, I think it's been good for me.

I'm really glad my letter home helped Mom plan her lesson. I've gotten both emails and dearelders from Heather/steven which has been really fun to hear how they are doing. (even if they still have lots of poopy diapers). The letters from Griffin also were very fun to read, he gave a good description of scout camp. I distinctly remember going to camp trask. He is very smart to know how to use Dearelder. I also got a great Dearelder from Nana. It was one of the very first pieces of mail I got, and I appreciated it a lot. Of course, I still have all the mail I've been sent. In a letter Mom said she was going to send a 2 sentence email, but instead I got a longer email from dad which was good.

I have -7 minutes left (whoops!) left on the computer so I'll hand write a letter and write about my companion/a few other things. Thanks again to everyone for everything, I'm still doing great. I miss you all, but I'm learning a lot here every day. I don't wish I was home, but I wish I could have you up here with me so you could see what it's like.

Love Zak

No comments: