Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Received Monday, November 25, 2013

QUESTIONS:
talk about your new companion. How long has he been out? where is he from? does he like sports?
Elder Wright. This is his 3rd transfer, he's been out about 3 months. Young and excited. If you ask me where he is from I'll say Samoa, if you ask him he says SAWmoa (you know, pronouncing it right). I asked him If I should try to say it like he does, or just like a white guy, he said just say it like a white guy. He moved to Utah 4 years ago though, so he's spent some time in The States already. He does like sports, especially football. He got a partial scholarship, and played for Snow college in Utah (a junior college). He is a middle linebacker. He's about my height and about 220, he doesn't like quite that big to me though. Much more a a thick solid build, not pudgy. He does not like the snow or cold.
It suddenly got cold like 2 days ago. Not fun. It snowed Saturday night and stuck. I got my scarf and gloves out, I still need to find my earmuffs.

Any DL assignment?
yes, I'm the DL again. The other companionship had a change also and the elder coming in is someone I served around before in the same district who I like a lot. Friday (district meeting day) I gave a training on Having lessons with investigators and less actives in an active members home. That is kind of the vision/goal of the stake president for us all to do. It's not something I've really worked at doing much before, but good things happen when you follow the inspired leadership so we'll work on it.

What are your plans today for P-day?
we haven't really talked about it. Maybe some week we'll see if we can find a place to play racquetball or something that's not too expensive. Some indoor 1v1 sport. Elder Wright was hooked onto both Magic and Pokemon in his last area (it's all over the mission). So some of that is bound to happen. I didn't feel to bad that I thought magic was going to kind of disappear after Elder Gallagher left, I think the missionary world might be slightly better off without it, but it can be fun.

Anything you want/hoping for for christmas?
Yes, can I get an early christmas gift (call it a thanksgiving gift?) of a Motab Christmas CD, the one with David Archuleta. I think it has a red cover. Elder Beck, my (long gone) companion of last christmas, back in my first area had lots of the motab christmas cd's and including that one.

Are you still the driver?
yes. It's most common for the missionary who stayed in the area to drive. I guess I've been driving ever since I left my first area though

Did elder Gallagher leave you anything? (You know, like, you can have this…)
yea, a couple things. Lots of CD's with talks on them. He really liked to burn those off in the library on P-day. Lots of them are really good. Mostly general conference and lots from BYU devotionals. I think we listened to most every talk by an old General Authority named Vaughn J featherstone, who is a great speaker. Not sure how Elder Gallagher first heard of him, but he gives great talks.
Also he gave me a tie.

Does Elder Wright need to get a library card at your library?
He will evenautally. Today he can just use a day pass

Have you heard of Nutella? It is a chocolate spread made with hazel nuts.
yes. I knew of it since before my mission. It's good but I don't go crazy about it. There used to be some in this apartment, but when we got some of those gross moth bugs Elder Gallagher and I decided to endure we would destroy them and threw away everything that wasn't completly sealed (and some things that were), including the nutella
Kylie LOVES it. She eats chocolate sandwiches with it. Sound good to you?
i've done that too, but it feels so unhealthy to me just to throw chocalate on bread and eat it. I'm totally ok with eating cake and several cookies or brownies in one sitting, but for some reason the nutella thing feels like its crossing some line. If i;m willing to go through some work to make food (and spreading something and bread does count as work) then I might as well make real food, like peanut butter instead of nuttella sandwhich.

Do you think your weight has changed at all, more or less?
we have a scale. I don't remember what I'm at. I think between 155-160

Any snow on the ground yet?
Yes! Boo! There is one member hear (an older guy, I think in his 70's) who loves to ski, and he is very excited about it, but Elder Wright and I are not.
I've gotten some advice about driving in it though. From what I've heard, I'll just make sure I drive really close to the car in front of me and go extra fast. Also I hear pulling on the E-brake around corners helps too.
It seems like it's been a long time.
Good job to the Rams beating the bears (did both have backup QB's?) A lot of people were very upset here about the Patriots losing on monday night football last week on a bad call. It sounded kind of weird to me, but if Tom had just make a better throw they could have won. Then again, Giselle could tell you, her husband can't throw the ball and catch it too.
Good job to Griffin about sharing the gospel and knowing about the church websites! It helps to be tech savvy! Those websites are very good.
When Elder Gallagher and I did our missionary prep thing with the stake youth I asked something about what there concerns or questions were about sharing the gospel. he said something like "I don't have anyone to talk about the church with because I'm home schooled!" I should have told him to get on MineCraft

You also could check out Reallifeanswers.org and see what you think, and if you wanted to write an article of your own.
Did I ever send you the article I wrote?
Got to go. Love you!

No comments: