Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Received Monday, December 9, 2013

On THIS day, we got the one regular letter plus 2 other quick notes. All are included!

and I did get a flu shot.


On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Zachery Cole wrote:
and I'll definetly be here for Christmas, Transfers are next on January 2nd. Things are never definete as a missionary I guess, but it was be quite surprising


On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Zachery Cole  wrote:
QUESTIONS:
Eat anything interesting this week?
We had a linger longer yesterday for christmas and ate lots of good food.

How was your Sunday? Did you get to sing Angels We Have Heard on High?
not on sunday, but I think we did at zone meeting. I feel like I've song it 2-3 times already. We also listen to it on that cd you sent
Sis. Cornwall called me this week. Her seminary class wrote letters this week and she needed to mail some to you!! Have you received anything like that yet?
not yet

Any other interesting mail this week?
I got 1 package, the one that says "wait". I did wait. Hopefully the other shows up soon! it'll probably be there today.

What are you doing for your P-day? Sports?
we might go to this place called Yankee Candle. supposedly they're the "Scenter of the Universe". Lots of candles and stuff. Lots of Christmas themed things. they ought to be ok since they can make a good pun. Elder Wright really wants to go; we've heard about it from a lot of people. I think it could be fun. Something different to do, even if it is mostly candles. It is snowy and i've heard about the freezing rain, but I think we'll still drive over there and just be careful.

--story--
We were in the hospital this week! it was for Elder Wright. They thought he might have appendicitis, but he doesn't. before we went we called the mission nurse, then doctor. They told him to jump, which he did and it was very painful. Then they had him lay down and they made me poke him 4 times in different places in the belly which he thoroughly did not enjoy. I've been telling people (jokingly) that was almost the demise of our companionship right there. After the poking they told us to go to the hospital. We were there from about 8:3-PM to 2:30AM! all just to find out he does not have appendicitis, and they don't know what is wrong! they think likely some virus. He is mostly better now.
It's good to hear Kylie gets to play lots of soccer. Sports are fun. Don't forget to kick the ball.
Did you guys watch the Christmas devotional last night? we watched it at an inactive couples house. We all really liked it. Music and all. We're going over to that same house tonight for dinner, then a lesson afterwards
I mentioned yesterday was our branch's Christmas "party" linger longer. We had 1 investigator there. We ate food and sang songs mostly. We're going to go caroling with the youth this Saturday. Maybe we'll sing "you're a mean one, Mr. Grinch!"
Oh, I almost forgot the other big story!
I did hear about BYU playing (and losing to) Umass (who scored 105 points). it WAS big news here because they had a fireside after the game! we got to go. there were some speakers and music. It went for an hour. The speakers were the missionary here who was on the team before, Tyler Haws, one other player, and assistant coach (great talk) and coach Rose. President Packard did not talk, but did sing (a duet with his daughter). No one from our branch went, which was too bad, but we still did.,it was funny because when the assistant coach got up he mentioned how they lost and that must have had an effect of the talks because the talks to that point were about: Patience, getting through tribulation and then he spoke on enduring to the end. It was funny. I saw two people from my last ward in Connecticut there. There were some big sports/byu fans in that ward (with the ESPN headquarters there).
and I remembered one other gift I was hoping to get. A thing (called an easel?) to stand up Dad's temple painting. I keep forgetting to ask for that!

Griffin should be very happy with Quinn and Christopher coming back into town soon!
Love you!

No comments: