Sunday, February 23, 2014

Received Monday Feb 3, 2014

QUESTIONS:
When I used the acronym SLT, was that correct?**
Good question Mother! actually I believe what you are referring to is STL meaning Sister Training Leader. SLT must be an acronym for something else, like Stinky Lizard Teeth. I hope Cammie doesn't have those. That's cool she likes doing it though. We call the STL's associated with the sisters in our zone every week or so, and they are helpful.

did you get my letter from last week's email debacle?
I did. The extra letter added in was funny too. Too bad Gold's Gym didn't have a 5$ a week rate. I'll be glad to use my free gym membership when I get back

How is your car? How is all that coming along?
Fixed! we got it like tuesday of last week. I bet Elder Jones 35 push-ups we'd get it in January and I won. I bet him 20 that the Broncos would win the superbowl, but he won that one.

How much walking in the snow did you do last week?
last week, very little. Before that we had done some.

How much running in the snow did you do?
haha, I think none last week.

Are you enjoying all of the running?
umm most of the time I did. I did not like the bikes as much

You enjoying the extra sports?
yes.

been riding your bikes?
not since getting the car

How was the talent show last week?
fairly fun, especially for the non-sports people. We played volleyball afterwards too.

did you participate in it?? You could have told some of my jokes.
I helped with another group by kind of narrating a story they were kind of acting out.
unfortunately I did not tell any of your jokes. But I do have a good story. Our district leader had an idea to do "family time" at the begging of all our district meetings. One comnpanionshiop each week is spotlighted to show pictures of their families and pass them out for people to look at. For our day I just brought our family picture and the life-size head cut-outs I got for my birthday. It was very funny. People were very impressed.

So this week has been good. We were able to set up more appointments after getting our car. The Assistants (who are not to be referred to as AP's, as recently pointed out by President in a webex) came over to do exchanges. All 4 of us stayed in the area with me and an Assistant in appointments in one part of the area and Elder Jones with the other in different appointments, so we were able to get a lot done. We got to go to our dinner appointment, which went really well. It is a single sister, so it was up to use to invite someone else as a chaperone. We invited an inactive guy who likes the missionaries. We went to his house first to do a quick lesson planning with him for the lesson we'd have after the dinner about prayer and he would share a spiritual experience he had.  (we called the sister before hand and filled her in on the plan and asked her to invite him to church while we were there). It all went really well. We talked with her about missionary work and she is excited to have some good sharing the gospel experiences this week and it was a good little lesson on prayer with the innactive member. She did invite him and we talked a bit about coming to church. He didn't end up coming, but being he really thought about it for the first time in a long while. Another person in the ward heard about this and she then told us she really wanted to invite us and this guy over to help fellowship and encourage him to come back as well. In the end the decision is on him, whether or not to come and whether or not to do the things that will convert him to the gospel, but it was really awesome to be a part of a lot of people helping him out.

Your email this week was very funny, good stories. What do you and Kylie text about during class?
Glad Griffin is excited for braces. some people don't get to have them, and it makes a big difference.
Some Question for G-Man: Did you like mom's analogy about Spock?
What color do you want your braces to be?
Do you still talk to that boy over minecraft about the Book of mormon? I've told lots of people that story.
Did you watch the superbowl/like it? Peyton Manning is kind of a n00b, isn't he?
Did you know that when I was in elementry school (and every other school) I made my own breakfast and my own lunch every day? you're pretty lucky. 
What is your favorite sport?
One time we were on the phone with that same inactive guy refferred to above and he was watching football (this was many weeks ago) and I introduced myself and he said something like "Cole! i'm watching a football player named Trent Cole right now!"
I said "Are the Eagles winning?"
I don't remember if they were or not, but he was impressed with my football knowledge.
There is a new member of our zone who is from Niagara Falls, Canada. He is in the Toronto mission.
Some questions for Quinn: What do you think about your call?
Any specific plans to do untill may?
Feel confident in the cold?
In my 2nd area there was a guy I liked who served in Newfoundland Canada and really liked it. He said they played Hockey on p-days a lot. (this one was not really a question).
Glad to be speaking English?
What is your favorite sport?

I think that is everything for now! I love you all

No comments: