Sunday, October 20, 2013

Received Tuesday, October 15, 2013

QUESTIONS:
Did you go to San Diego for stake Youth Conference…flash mob, etc? (relates to last week’s letter….)
Yes. I think Steven was my FHE "dad". That may have been my last one, I don't remember. Also, 2 Sisters back from my MTC district went to that mission, serving in the Mormon Battalion visitors center thing.

How did you watch conference? How as it for you?
At the church. We set up the TV and everything. saturday morning 1 other family was there with us. For priesthood I think 4 or 5 other families were represented. they said for priesthood that people were now able to watch it at home, but if possible they should still watch it in the chapel. It was interesting to see who came. We enjoyed it very much.

Do you want me to send you the Ensign with all the talks like I did before?
yes please!

ARE YOU TRANSFERRED? What is that news?? – obviously not…..
I'll reply in spanish: No.

Did you have any BIG weather? I heard about big storms over the weekend.
I feel like no. I think it did rain kind of hard one night, hard to remember. It did at least for a little while because I remember we went out without any umbrella's or anything so we got kind of wet. It's a good thing I'm not an evil witch from the Wizard of Oz I guess.

Is this the last transfer for your companion?
It is! you can tell he has a mixture of all the emotions that would accompany being in that situation. Going to try to work hard to finish things out. 

Did you get last week’s e-mail ….ever….from the library e-mail?
I did not, it was fun to get in the mail though!

I mailed you a nice box full of stuff….letters, ward bulletins, rice krispie treats…did you get it yet?? I was hoping for Friday or Saturday delivery!
Have any pictures to send by flash drive?? Just wondering…
I did! the krispie treats were so good. They did not last long. With something like that I always end up eating like 4 at a time because their just sitting there, so why not! Elder Gallagher says my wife better not be a good cook.

The wednesday P-day we did down in Amherst was very fun. Hours of sports. We did some basketball, volleyball, dodgeball and a free for all dodgeball game I first learned from Steven. Not too brag, but I kind of dominated. Oh I'm gettingt kicked off the computer. I'll see if I can get back on then.

Bye!

ZAK SENT A 2ND E-MAIL A LITTLE LATER:
We're at a different library because our usual one has no internet.

Going to the temple yesterday was also very nice. I'm very grateful to be in a mission with a temple. We saw the old video though because someone in the session needed language translation they don't have updated yet.

Interesting update about sports. Are the Broncos still Christopher's favorite team? I can never remember. How do they feel about Peyton living out his days as a non-colt?

I'm trying to remember what happened since last monday. I also got a package from the Primary with lots of notes and candies. Griffin's note had some questions. One of them was something like "how many Red Sox fans have you met?" I have probably met about as many Red Sox fans in the past 15 months as subway sandwiches Dad has eaten in the last 15 years. Thats a lot.

Yesterday on the way back from the temple we contacted some people who are normally too far away to get too and we contacted a string of people that were all very nice, which I appreciated. Mostly they were not interested, but but very kind. Not that a ton of the people we contact are usually obnoxious and crude, but these people almost made you stop and think 'hey, we should be friends!'. It made me want to make sure I am as nice to people as I can be even if I don't agree with them. Also it reminds me of one of the things President Monson said in his short last talk of general conference, something about "maybe be a little kinder".

One thing that was kind of interesting happened sunday morning. We were in branch council, about 20-30 mins before church starts and we got a phone call from an investigator. He said his Sunday plans changed and he actually wanted to come to church if he could get a ride! we were able to scramble and get him one in time from someone who was already at church.

Ok, that's everything. Sorry this one was shorter. Love you



No comments: