Sunday, October 20, 2013

Received Monday, September 30, 2013

Weather…how is it…any snow…dressing warmer?
pretty good. Always wearing a long sleeve shirt, and that is just fine. This week actually was even a little warmer. The temp would have to decrease by half to snow. Sorry for Quinn and the Rexburgites

Any yucky dinner appts? Just know they tried hard?
no not really. Someone took us out for all you can eat clams once. That wasn't fabulous, but not too too bad either. I don't really want to do it again either. They were fried, served with french fries.

Heard any songs about the Fox?
i have not. I wonder how many non-church songs I hear in an average week. Probably 1 or 2.

Do you do any random knocking on doors?
Not often. Usually when we do it's when we're looking for a innactive member or something and when they're not home or have moved we ask all the neighbors if they know anything (or if they''d like to learn about the restoration. They actually do,  but they usually don't realize it)

What are your plans for the day?
Before We came here to email I used basically the alst bit of peanut butter in the jar to make a sandwhich. Then I noticed the Nesquick sitting near by. I decided to pour some into the PB and see if it came out yummy, like nutella. After some experimenting With Elder Gallagher (it took more nesquick than expected and added a tiny bit of milk) we ended with something that tasted good! maybe we'll try to make a big batch and freeze it and make some chocolate peanut butter bars. 

I DID send the magic cars last Monday, have you gotten them yet?
We just barely got the package today! I haven't really looked at it or read the letter inside yet. Thank you! If you ever come across more you can feel free to send them too. Pistachios were also a good choice, always a good snack food
Who do you get letters from?
I'm mostly at that stage of the game where 90% of the time I just get letters from the person who gave birth to me.
That's not exactly true. I got a letter within the last two weeks from Sister Sotis also. She's very nice. Also I've gotten a few emails from my friends Janna (from High School).
Have I talked at all about the online missionary work here in the MBM? It's inspired. Anyone can do it. I'll explain.
"They" (the future and current millionaire internet minds involved with the mission. Both missionary and members. There is a missionary here who won a hacking compention and was featured in CNN. He could have gone straight out of highschool and make a 6 digit paycheck because he won. He was a  big part of making all thing.). But anyway, "They" developed a "portal" online, so they can track when people post religious related things online. Newspaper articles, blog posts, whatever. Millions and millions of people every day google religious questions like "who is god" or "how can I forgive a sibling" etc and then end up reading the religious things that have been posted online. with the "portal" they made they can zap right to the website when something is posted and make a comment  that says something like "I know someone who went through a similar experience, and their religon helped them through it. (or someone who's thought about and wrote about the same topic, etc) and they posted it on this website here (and they post the link). The link takes them to Reallifeanswers.org a webiste with blog post style articles (about 500 words) about such topics. The problem is they do not have enough articles! That is what they need help with. Anyone who wants to can write one. The process is to write the article, then send it to 2 non-member friends to read, so they can see it and give imput as to whether it makes sense from a non-mormon perspective. It then can be sent to the webiste people for use. They asked all of us missionaries to write articles. I wrote an article about how God shows his love to us, and I sent it to Janna. She happily agreed to read it, to which I am grateful. I'll write more next time about how to write an article if you'd like. Also I'll include mine at the bottom if you want to read it (and if you feel so inspired you could send it to a friend and ask if they have any comments.) I wonder if Mom would enjoy something like this


Does your companion get stuff in the mail?
basically never.

What time do you have to call in to your ZL every night? You do that, right?
we talk to them every sunday night, thats it. usually around 9 or 9:30.

Do you shower in the morning or night?
Morning

That looks like all my questions.
Looks like all my news too.
I hate to end my letters…I wonder if that is how Heavenly Father feels when we end our prayers?
Very intereseting perspective!
one of the parts of the Book of Mormon I've read more than others is Enos. He makes sure to pray for all the people he feels needs it. He put a lot into his prayer and got a lot out. It is a great way to learn out to "cry in mighty prayer in suypplication" as he says.

Hmmm

that is everything! sorry I didn't have too much time today. Next p-day is wednesday. Things are going great! Very fun and rewarding.
I love you

No comments: