Monday, August 13, 2012

Received Monday, August 13, 2012

Here is Zak's letter.
Yes, his sweet Salutaion is: Before I forget...
Funny, to the point and VERY Zak!
I left in his requests; thought you might enjoy them!


before I forget, I have a request. Can you send me my soccer cleats?
also do I have more basketball shorts at home/can you send like 2 more of those?

Also, can you google/send to me the story "The Room" by Joshua Harris?
I don't remember who it's by, but it's like 2 pages long and someone in my district in the MTC had it and it made me wish I had a copy.

Also, Elder Woodruff just reminded me; P-day next week is next Wednesday because it's transfer week, so i won't be doing any emailing or anything till then. Elder Castro is going home then, but I hope/expect that the other 3 of us in the apartment are staying here.

Have you sent your flashdrive?
Yes, i think a whole week ago. I am somewhat surprised and worried it didn't get to you yet. with that I also sent a note trying to explain some of the pictures.


Did you buy anything from the Addidas factory last week?
We ended up going to this strip mall that has a Nike store full of really cool but expensive nike stuff. I did not buy anything

What’s your weather been like?
Hot and Humid. It rained a few times. I really notice the humidity a lot more now, sometimes it's kind of gross, but I still think i prefer it over a really dry heat

Do you print out your letters, or quickly read them on the computer?
just read them. There isn't a way to print them here in the family history center place we do this, but I wouldn't want to anyway. 

I have a weird/interesting story for this week. So, we always spend a lot of time going through the ward roster and visiting inactive/part member families. On i think either Tuesday or Thursday we went to a family, we don't know anything about them except where they live and that there is a wife who was baptized and a husband who is not. We knock on the door and the wife answers. She is isn't interested in coming back to church, but is nice and willing to talk, but also kind of gross. She looked like 60's ish, was wearing a very worn t-shirt and had a bit of a mustache. When we asked why she left the church she said it was because her husband decided to leave Christianity to be wiccan (like what witches believe) and she decided to be a tarot card reader. She talked to us about it and said it wasn't evil and stuff, but the conversation was kind of creepy. She talked about how people would get freaked out when she read their past, and she mentioned about how she sometimes communicates with animals. It didn't at all seem like she thought she was lying, but was a bit crazy. All-in-all this was one house I was glad we didn't get into.

I did hear that we got Dwight Howard. I was very excited; i can't believe we got to keep Pau and Metta World peace too. Based on recent happenings I pretty much figure in the 2 years I'm gone the Lakers, Dodgers and Rams are all going to win championships. I couldn't believe the glasses story. how funny. I think my eye sight is great. I bet kylie and griffin will both be very happy they can see better. It sounds like quinn and kylie both had an amazing time. I also thought it was hilarious from quinn that the adults had to wait and be starving while the kids slept. I don't remember who i was talking to
(maybe a recent convert?) but they mentioned girls camp and I said I have a sister who was there right then. I failed to mention that when girls go to "camp" apparently they get gourmet food and 24/7 room service (it was implied in what you said). Also it's good to hear both Mom and Griffin enjoyed looking at the houses in Utah. I'll have to assume you took my advice and griffin had a day full of eating French toast under fancy tables Christopher's letter isn't here yet, so I cannot reply to it now :( (if it was an email, I didn't get it)

One thing I forgot to write about last week was that Elder Castro and Woodruff pretended to get into a fight in the apartment to see what I would do. Elder Concha was in on it too. Neither of them are people who would fight each other but they did a really good job having a series of frustrated arguments and escalated in a believable way. When
they actually started "fighting" they were on the ground and Castro had Woodruff in a headlock and when I tried to pry them apart they started laughing.


The rest of the week was much more normal, it had it's ups and it's down. We did get 4 new investigators which was really great. One is a lady who has been around the church for a long time, but only now is willing to take the lessons, and also she had a friend come who was a 2nd investigator. The other 2 were because a PMF (part-member family) moved into the ward and we visited them and the non-member husband/a roommate who
lives with them.

One other interesting thing that happened was that because we had to do stuff in the morning/we didn't plan like we should have to do it later we didn't get to do our morning studies on Saturday or Sunday. I actually noticed a negative difference in those days since we didn't get to start off on a good spiritual high. In an ironic sort of way, not reading for those 2 days reaffirmed for me the importance of it, and made me super glad I now really enjoy reading instead of treating
it like/letting it be a chore. I got a letter on Saturday from who a friend who mentioned they had been thinking about D&C 122: 3-8, so I studied that this morning and thought it was a really cool little section on trials/adversity.

That's all for now. It was cool this week to get a little section from everyone. I hope when I check my email next Wednesday I don't find out Quinn had no teeth left in his mouth (or braces!) and all of my siblings are now losing their ability to hear/smell.

Love,
Elder Zak Cole

1 comment:

Emily M said...

I love "The Room" story. Many people have personalized it. It is really good. First heard it at girls camp and made me cry. If you have trouble finding it I can send it on over!