Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Received Tuesday, May 28, 2013


Got to be fast today!

Do you have a dinner appointment every night? Or how often? I know I have asked before, sorry, can’t remember...
yea, probably on average 6 days a week. Very good. Also we get lunch every tuesday

Have you received your Ensign YET?
Yes! and read a few articles

Did you pass your car inspection last week?? How were your miles??
pass: yes miles: iffy. going to have to start asking for rides all the time

Did you hear about the terrible tornado in Oklahoma?
yes. bad things happening all the time, kinda crazy!

Did you hear about some big, general leadership meeting in June?
I did not! I hope I get to watch!

You going to the temple this week??
I did yesterday, it was good. Got a ride from brother Coleman. We owe that family!

Is half your mission going to the temple? How does that work?
yea basically every special Monday opening half the mission goes.

How are your groceries holding out?
Good. We budgeted well

What is 16 x 16?
256. Pure memory. 17's is 289? 18's 324 19's 371? then 400 then 441? i don't remember. 25 is 625

Did you hear from Pres. Christensen at Zone Conference?
no, everyone was busy. we just had the president Packard show the whole time (except for the AP's did a bit too). he did a good job. you could tell he was kinda pooped by the end, he was up all night with a daughter in the hospital the night before too (that's where sister packard was)

congrats on Quinn doing the bike ride. Sad to hear he only enjoyed it as much as me.
interesting talks on sunday. Also I think it's interesting about Moses, we can see in Moses chp 1 (PofGP) that he was promised that because of his faith he could be more powerful than the waters. Moses did not assume that promise was figurative or not applicable to him; he actually believed the promises of god! we get promised so much (in scriptures, gen conf, etc), including a lot about missionary work, but how often do we really trust those promised like Moses did?

I can't believe Quinn got a check plus! did Zurla tell the story behind that? Zurla always gives check's or, if he thinks it's not a good job, a check minus. I always asked what I'd have to do to earn a check plus (if there's a minus there needs to be a plus! opposition in all things Zurla!) but I don't think he ever gave me one. Quinn takes calc from him right? does he find it pretty easy?

We email in the library, thus the day lateness. We also are in a big rush today.

we did lots of missionary stuff last week. teach people. help people stop smoking. there is a lady in our ward that likes to go to a bible study with another church. she wants to get the pastor baptized so the entire congregation will join too. she suggested we do service for him. we helped wash windows at their church, and he made us lunch. he was very nice, but doesn't want to get baptized. I didn't ask directly, but he was able to explain the thought behind the "right for me church" pretty well.

sorry I don't have more time, thanks for all the stories! love you all! also, transfers are coming up, so next pday is next wednesday!

Untill next week!

No comments: