Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Received Tuesday, September 4, 2012


starting with questions:

Where is the/your graphing calculator? (You do have one, right??)
I did have one for that class with Mr. Zurla. I have no idea where it would be though. I hope you find it. I thought he was a great teacher, and the class was not hard

Where do you usually do your e-mailing? (like, the library, someone’s house?)
The family history center in the church

Tell us what you are doing today for fun!
Today we're playing football with the YM because they can't do it saturday (they have a service project) and they have school starting soon. We also played last week, we bought a football and flags and everything. It was fun but we actually had too many people/too many youngsters. no injuries or anger, so it was good. I'll write about yesterday in a sec

How is doing your laundry? Any issues?
good. no issues. I just do it in our apartment whenever I need too.

How about your shoes; how do your feet feel at the end of the day?
shoes are bueno. feet feel bueno.

Are you wearing your retainer?
I wear it every night. A few weeks ago I forgot a few times and then my teeth were very sore when I started wearing them again. Just last week someone told me they could tell I had braces

Flossing your teeth?
maybe 50% of the time. I'll try and be better. Also I've been not doing great at writing in my journal. It seems like there's no time to do anything in the end of the day

Did you have a dinner appt yesterday/fast Sunday? If yes, what did you eat?
yes we had a dinner appt, but then they canceled :( We ate in the apartment. I opened a can of beans, but some of that on a tortilla with rice (leftovers) and chicken that Elder Beck grilled and microwaved it for a very yummy burrito. Then i was still hungry so I ate a 2nd one.

Sunday and Monday were both very different days for us. On Sunday we went to sacrament meeting, then drove 2.5 hours to Connecticut to Elder Beck could baptize someone he taught in his old area.
Yesterday we woke up got ready and left at 6:45 to go to the temple. The missionaries were invited because it was a holiday. Brother Alder, (who works for Stark Industries like Christopher) took us. It was great, I'm glad I've now been in the Boston Temple. When we got back we had to dash off to a members birthday party we were invited too, then go to a member's grill party thing they wanted us to go too.

Everything is still going well, but i'm still definitely adjusting to the new companionship, I'm definitely learning a lot from having to take lead a lot, but i don't feel like I'm being trained anymore, when really I am still a new greenie and have so much more I need to learn. My two companions are very opposite in a lot of ways.

I very greatly enjoyed getting everyone's FF team in the draft. If there was time I would have written up my analysis/rankings. I remember thinking Dad's team was one of the best and he would win 1st place because he gets a boost from having the most people from his favorite team AND the MVP runningback. I think Steven's team might have been 2nd except that he'll be cursed for having no Colts. It's hard to remember what I thought when I looked over it. I think Mom got an A for effort, but also had 1 player i really don't like. does she have Sir Issac Cam Newton? (he'll be the biggest bust). Now I remember who I really ranked #1. The Waver Wire. How did none of you guys draft Tim Tebow! I thought for sure Christopher would give him a try.

Another interesting football thing: My bishop's neighbor works for The Patriots as their chief film guy! Mr. Spygate! supposedly he wasn't really involved though. He has SB rings for all the times they've won and everything. I hope I get a chance to talk to him.

I love all the bad eyesight stories I get. always very funny.

I hope everything goes will with christopher and his dogs, I forgot they were old enough to have little puppies already (chonchitos?). I have to say, I'm a little bit worried though, the last things I've heard about Christopher were that he wears tight pants and then he dropped out of school. This is not a good trend.

So Josh is off to Idaho today then, that's kind of crazy. Good luck to him!

Happy birthday to Jayna! I can't believe she's already 1. she'll be nearly 2 when I see her next. that's crazy

One really great thing here is that we have been teaching a lot of lessons, and we've had some really great ones recently. It's very interesting to see the things I've taken for granted my entire life to really have a profound impact on someone. We just taught the Restoration to this guy named Phil, he's actually roommates with another family we teach. He has tattoos and big gauges in his ears and everything, but he is really sincere about investigating the church. He recognizes the direction it can give him in his life. He's been a part of other churches before, but hasn't been able to stick with them. What really made the lesson great was when we read Moroni's Promise to him, it made so much sense that what he needs to do is read (show faith) and ask God what to do and which church to join. I think one thing that's special about the Joseph Smith story is that it relates so well with everyone we teach.

that's about everything. Love you all!

No comments: