Sunday, June 15, 2014

Received Monday, March 17, 2014

QUESTIONS:
what time is your church?
9:00 ward council is every week, switching from 8:40 (just quick to talk about which investigators or innactive people are coming) and 7:30.

are you going grocery shopping today?
probably. We'll run out of milk and bread if we don't. With those life can pretty much always be sustained, but when their lacking things get hard.

What is the name of your grocery store?
Zak's Convience. My main sales pitch is that instead of nutritional facts on everything I'll put on a scripture. The more faithful you are the more nutritious it'll be. I'm still searching for investors.
What is the name of the grocery store you shop at?
usually a place called Market Basket. Before we found that we went to Stop and Shop. There is a walmart, but it has hardly any groceries. 

Have you ever had your suits dry cleaned while on your mission? If no, just keep moving forward and don't worry about it; I am just curious. We have never talked about that.
No. I always planned on it, but i never actually felt like paying for it or going and actually doing it.

Have you ever bought any garments like Long Underwear Garments?
I never did.

What is the activity you will do today?
Volleyball. It should be good. Last week we played for an especially long time, basketball and dodgeball, which was really fun. We usually end up doing soccer too because most churches have mini soccer goals in them (especially the language units) because all the non-gringos love soccer.

Oh, how is your haircut?
good, but probably not as good as how you do it.

Did you cut your companion's hair in return?
I just did a little in the back.

I think your companion ran track at BYU, true? What was his event? Did he know Allysa Hansen?
He did the Decathalon (where you do 10 events, including pole vault) at UVU. His best is High jump (6 feet 8 inches). BYU has a really good decathlete already so I guess he wasn't likely to get a scholarship there. He set a new conference record at UVU though. He had a teammate that was timed a 4.1 second 40 yard dash, which is crazy.

I have heard that the New York Mission also has Ipads. Hear any talk of your mission getting them? Maybe while you are there?
I've also heard NY has them. we've been hearing talk about getting them forever now. About 7 months ago President was told we'd get them within the next 6 months. That came and went. In February he was told we should get them in the next 6 months (again). So basically we don't know. It's doubtful I'll ever see them, which is too bad.

what did you eat this morning for breakfast?
Honey nut cheerios (bought by a member) with milk (we bought) and Granola (we found at our "vacation apartment")(you can tell from the packaging the granola is from the bishops store house).

Anything you need? Something we can do for you?
hmmmm I don't think so. I think I still have a couple packs of Pez left.
I'm tired this morning. we worked out at planet fitness.

I had a goal after last general conference to read all the talks before this conference. I started well reading about one a week, but then I stopped and now have been reading 1 a day which has been cool. This morning I read president Monson's priesthood session talk about home teaching. I really like to look at those talks and find the promises they make.

 We had a dinner appointment with a member who's a single sister, convert to the church and actively comes to church, but never totally caught on all the way I guess. She hasn't been to the temple and is still trying to figure out her testimony. It was up to us to find a chaperone to come with us and we made a ton of calls and found someone like 10 minutes before we were supposed to be there. It turned out to be perfect because it was a member we teach sometimes who is only semi active and we had a good lessons with both of them about prophets/revelation/general conference.

this is an exciting story. we got called by our investigator to come and help her sick friend she lives with get to the car to go to the hospital, we got there but she ended up calling for an ambulance instead. She gave us her keys and asked us to feed her dogs and a few things and asked if we could help find her a ride back from the hospital later that day. Everything turned out ok. We ended up going on splits that night, Elder Jones was with our ward mission leader and I went with another member to pick her and her friend up from the hospital, so that was all different from our norm.

We had to drop 2 investigators this week because they just don't want to change (drop=stop teaching), which was tough but was the right decision. For one of them it was his birthday so we made him cookies.

the weather is getting better a little at a time here. Still some snow on the ground.

I did recognize most of those football names Dad said, but not all, and I didn't remember where they all were.

 Good to hear Grandma is feeling good enough to make some good steak and potatoes. This week someone asked me what my favorite food was and I said "Idaho food, like meat and potatoes".

For district meeting we were all asked to bring in something that "represents us". I brought in my Thor pez dispenser.

I think that is all for now!

No comments: