Monday, November 5, 2012

Received Monday, November 5, 2012


Have you done any work to help clean up from Sandy?
No, not yet. Elder Concha and Wilding were able to go last weekend but Elder Beck and I had set appointments we couldn't move. We'll probably get to go this weekend though on Friday and Saturday. We would stay Sunday too, but we have a baptism then.

Have you worn a yellow Helping Hands T-shirt?
No (emoticon: sad face!) last weekend they wore yellow vests that they had to give back afterwards.

How did you know to change your clocks on Saturday night?
we had stake conference and they announced it and we had a bunch of people text us about it

Talk about that newspaper article that you linked to last week.
that was back in my first transfer. The Staples were friends with this lady who wrote for the newspaper and she interviewed us. The article was about 75% accurate, which was about what we expected. I just didn't like how it said I started my mission with "resignation". I think I talked about how the start is nerve racking, but you know you should because a prophet said it, but then you learn to really enjoy it.

The NFL is changing a lot from when I was fully in the loop. It sounds like the Rams are due for a win. Do they still have a good shot at taking the NFCW? It's too bad the Eagles are the one team that keeps doing the same thing every year. Did the Bears find a way to protect Jay Cutler? how did a running back get 50 points?

This week seemed really busy. Monday was shut down, which made Tuesday weird, but we still got to teach the lessons we had pre-set. Wednesday (Halloween) we got to talk to a less active member, teach the 2nd lesson to Dave who we found not long ago and teach Chris, who's getting baptized this Sunday. We started teaching him basically every week. It's going well. That night we had to stop proselyting by 6:00, so we had dinner with the Simpsons (who treat us all like a combination of grandkids and missionaries) and then drove up to Foxboro. Thursday we had interviews with the mission president (in Foxboro) then got back to Southcoast where we ended up being fed 1 lunch and 2 dinners by members! Usually we're able to schedule better than that. We still got to teach Chris though. Friday we had District meeting, taught Chris and sort of taught a lesson with a part-member family, Saturday we did service for a part member family all the way up until we left to the adult session on Stake Conference (which is also near Foxboro. It's about a 45 min drive. Longer if the Simpsons are driving). Sunday we went to conference, did weekly planning and taught Chris a great lesson on scripture study, prayer and feeling the spirit. Today is P-day! Tonight after our dinner appointment we're driving to Josh's house. Josh is a 24'ish looking guy we found over a month ago because he is a neighbor to a member we were visiting. He is a pretty religious guy, so he let gave us a time later in the week to come back. It went pretty well, he had lots of questions and he read all the way through Enos in the Book of Mormon we gave him! I had really high hopes, but since then our appointments fell through and he quit answering our calls. Eventually we kind of gave up on him. We just found out from his neighbor (the member) that he is still kind of interested but his girlfriend (who he lives with) didn't want us to come back, and that's why he started ignoring us. Hopefully we'll catch him home some time when she's not there or something. Also we'll try to see how we can help his neighbor help him.

About kylie pen pal: I talked to one of the girls who said she would write (the one who I asked most recently) and she said she wrote her a letter, put it in the envelope and lost it! She planned on writing another one. Hopefully it works out.
basketball: just get all the rebounds

To Quinn: I know you're not super excited for BYU anymore because all the girls are leaving on missions, but you still have to fill out the application. You're allowed to sell your soul for a BYU admittance.

Next time I email we'll know our next president! It's kind of funny we go around to lots of members houses and some tell us about how they're hoping and praying for Obama (especially the Cape Verdeans always are) and then we go to someone else's house who's hoping and praying (and fasting!) for Romney. We always stay neutral.

Also, something on the ballot here has to do with assisted suicide/euthanasia and a first presidency message was read at stake conference saying we should all vote AGAINST it. I remember in 8th grade doing a debate and I chose to argue for it. I guess I was an unrighteous middle schooler.

Also, Transfers are next week! I won't email 'till Wednesday. Earlier I was pretty worried that someone in the apartment would end up leaving (most likely me). The other dorks in the apartment kept saying I'd get somewhere to train. On Thursday during my interview with President Packard I told him was going well and good, and I really hope we all 4 of us get to stay in Southcoast. He said he currently had no plans to move any of us, but if the Lord told him to change his mind he would though. I was glad to hear that. Afterwards when we all talked, all 4 of us had similar conversations. So, I'll probably stay, but you never know.

Also I’m going to load up all my pictures on to my flash drive now and try to send it home today.

That's all! Thanks for everything!

 Love you all!

No comments: